13 August 2013

Your Ideal Body

I've heard from people multiple times that they're uncomfortable answering their phones, despite having call display and knowing who it is.  I mean, I'm absolutely guilty of it.  I don't even like to answer my front door if it's unexpected.  Have we really entered into such an uncomfortable place that we'd rather text, email or facebook our friends and family instead of talking to them?  I thought this was interesting, and a segue way into what I really wanted to talk about...

I got a phone call today from my agency to let me know that I'd been chosen as a possible candidate for a magazine spread in The Grand (a local print), but they needed to know my measurements and have recent photos sent in.  I have been SO envious of a number of my model friends who have appeared in the magazine (and some of them more than once!) and here it is, my chance to be in it too!  I dashed my own hopes though as soon as I heard "they'd like your measurements".  Ahh!  For the last week (minus a cheat day. Or two!) I have been busting my butt: doing squats, planking, running, attempting to bike with airless tires...  and now all of a sudden, I need to share my measurements.  And clearly a week hasn't changed much...  The horror of it all.  But then I said to myself, you know what?  FORGET IT (but I actually used a different 'f' word)!  I'm sending those numbers, I'm finding my most recent pictures (thanks, iPhone - sorry one of them involved me proudly holding a Somersby) and I am going to continue to bust my ass for the body I want.  If they pick me, amazing.  If they don't, I'm not dead.  I still have plenty of time to realize my goals and achieve my dreams.

So, this entry is for all of you who have had more cheat days than good days; it's not too late!  You have the choice and the chance to give yourself a better, healthier life.  Don't punish yourself for the bad days, they are going to happen.  Move forward.  Do your best.  FEEL your best.  You can do it!  PLEASE get in touch with me or call me if you need a chat, need advice, need help or need a running buddy!

Love and health!
M


No comments:

Post a Comment