28 August 2013

JT

Can we just talk about Justin Timberlake at the VMAs for a moment?  As I was watching his medley on the show, I remembered all these amazing songs he's released over the years and how so many of the songs were an integral part and representative of my life at many given times.  Love/Stoned and My Love came out at a point in my life where I was joined at the hip with my "best friend" (though years later, I found out I was never her best friend; only her boyfriends were her best friends - uh, okay).  That was a time in my life where I drank a lot, smoked a lot and danced 5 nights a week...  We would hit Philthy's Mondays and Fridays, Louie's Tuesdays, Thursdays and/or Saturdays, sometimes Rev on Friday, sometimes Phil's on Wednesday or Sunday; it was pretty intense.  We used to have dance parties here while we got ready, often dressing alike, singing our hearts out and just acting like complete asses.  (If you think I'm somewhat selfie-lovin' now, you should have seen me back in those days). 
Cry Me a River was my ring tone on my old pink Razr and I still immediately check my phone for a call whenever I hear it. That song still makes me sad over his break up with Britney (though I totally have a huge girl-crush on Jessica Biel).
And hello, Dick In a Box?  CLASSIC.  I still watch that video and die.
Then there's his dancing...  I wouldn't say that just standing still and silent that Justin Timberlake is god's gift to women, but the second he starts to move his body, I'm in.  I think I would be one of those screaming teenage girls if I ever saw him, which is totally shameful, but so so likely.  When Jimmy Fallon introduced him as the "King of Pop" at the VMAs, I was like, "hold up, that's MJ"... but as I watched the performance, remembering these songs and the memories they held for me, I totally started thinking, "yes...  yes... YES, he totally is the current king of pop."  Totally deserving, totally inspiring and totally makes me swoon as soon as starts to rock his body.

Happy dancing,
M

Have your own little JT dance party! 

No comments:

Post a Comment