06 August 2013

I'm Back Part Deux

One of the ways I'm looking to grow is with my physical health. As many of you know, I've suffered from light-headed and fainting spells for a number of years now with no diagnosis from a number of medical professionals that I have seen.  One commonality between a few of the "I don't know"s and the "I'm not sure how to proceed with this" was the advice to drink more water.  My blood pressure has always been on the extreme low side of normal; it's usually never over 100 - even during stressful or anxiety-producing situations or spans of time.  After much time spent attempting to force myself to drink more water, I am finally at the point now that I can maintain some level of normalcy in terms of being hydrated.  Initially I had to choke down the water, pushing aside the feeling of drowning, fullness and/or vomiting to get my body used to the amount of water most healthy, able-bodied people drink.  Some days, it's still a struggle...  but then I think of losing part of a front tooth, a couple awful-looking goose eggs and having had my forehead glued back together, not to mention that these light-headed episodes take me out for an entire day, and all of a sudden, my body is much more accepting in taking that H2O.

Today, I hopped back on the running train.  Not only do I have two weeks before I have to appear in a bathing suit in what will likely be a fairly self-conscious scenario, but I also signed up for the Brampton Zombie Run 5k race/obstacle course at the end of September.  I intend to work out at least five days a week, whether it be running/jogging, walking Caysee and/or biking, but here it is written in stone.  I also plan on doing 100 squats a day for the next week (to start) with a 5lb. kettle bell.

Additionally, I am going to stop eating junk food for meals.  Chips for dinner?  No.  Three energy bars for breakfast?  Absolutely not.  8 pieces of toast with jam and/or garlic bread an hour before bed?  NO MORE (so disgusting).  It's not realistic for me to cut out junky food altogether; doing that would enable me to binge and then feel bad about it and then eat more to deal with my emotions.  Ahh, to be me sometimes.

I'll make sure to keep you updated on my journey(s) in all aspects of life so that a) those I don't necessarily keep in touch with on a regular basis get their "Meaghan" fix (totally kidding), b) I get writing on a regular basis and c) I am accountable as soon as I write things down.  Plus, I will have a running record of my small victories on a daily basis!

As always,
much love and then even more!
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment