12 August 2013

Tattoos

So, I found this today and am so in love.  Anyone who knows me, knows I'm a total nature freak.  What you may not know about me, is that I am also in love love love with tattoos.  If you were to take a peek at who I follow on instragram, you'd find a lot of tattoo and ink accounts because I think they're absolutely gorgeous, creative and unique.  

I'd wanted to get a tattoo since I was eighteen, but I had NO idea what to get.  I knew I would never be the impulsive tattoo-getter (and not just because I have a terribly low pain tolerance).  I wanted to get something that would be meaningful and that I wouldn't regret when I was older.  It took me ten years just to figure out that I wanted to get an "S" on my back.  I'm very huge into family history and genealogy and my last name, as well as mom's maiden name, both start with an S. I figured this was something simple, pretty and nothing I'd be remorseful about when I was wrinkly and 80.

I headed into Berlin Tattoo (formerly Faith and Glory) to get Colin, an old friend from high school who used to draw tattoos on us at parties with permanent marker, to design the tattoo for me.  I loved the design, had it tattooed on and then two years later, decided I wanted more.  I ended up adding four surnames onto my back in between branches and leaves.  Instead of crying during the pain, I'd scream and swear at the top of my lungs.  Some parts of my back didn't hurt at all; my love handle area however, was so intense and severe that it took everything I had to finish the three hour session.  One of my former friends from Christa O'Connor Photography came along to photograph the experience.



Naturally, I don't have a finished product photo, so the best I can do is me sunning in the back yard.



Do you have any tattoos?  If not, what do you want to get? 

Thanks for reading!
Much love,
Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment