17 September 2013

The Overflow

I had ideas of writing last night, but I was so tired at 9:30 that I forced myself to have a bath and went to sleep immediately afterward.  I cannot even tell you the last time I was in bed by 11pm. Clearly this resulted in the lack of a post last night, so here we go.

I've already verbalized this idea with a few friends tonight, but I feel the need to put it out there.  Sometimes I feel like I'm crazy, but this is my life: My heart often feels like it is SO full of love, that it is actually impossible to give it all out over any given day to any number of people (before it resets for the next day!).  This is one of THE MOST ESSENTIAL reasons that I am so glad slash grateful slash happy that I get to work with children.  I am able to give out hugs, cuddles, reassuring pats, more hugs, and even more cuddles on a daily basis.  A positive consequence of all these actions is the reciprocation.  There is nothing more heart-warming than genuine connections with children who know that you truly care for them and return the same love through spontaneous hugs, hanging off my leg, playing with my hair or curling into my lap.   Or my personal favourite: when they're crying and no other teacher will do and they seek you out, even if it means crying for longer if they'd just gone to the first teacher who tried to help them.  

So,  yes.  That's my post for tonight.  After re-reading it, it feels a bit disorganized, but that's my head tonight.  The alcohol may have influenced the style of writing this evening...  Whoops!

Much love and here's hoping for no hangover tomorrow!
M


Loading...
>>

1 comment: