03 September 2013

Back To School, Oh, Back To School

I hope you all sung that in your Billy Madison voice.

First day back...  A little bit more stressful than I had imagined it to be, but talking with parents during our parent interviews gave me a lot more confidence in myself and my ability to do so.  I've been talking to parents for 10 years, I'm not sure why I was worried!  I've totally got this.  The fact that I also have an amazingly competent teaching partner also helps immensely!  I look forward to having 3/4 of our class tomorrow and meeting all our little itty bitty Kindies!

Had a dinner date with Steph tonight at Jane Bond...  I was starving, so we pretty much arrived there as soon as the restaurant opened.  As a result, it would have been a long time to wait for my Cauliflour Curry, so I decided to be brave (for the second time today!) and try something new.  I also indulged in a Watermelon Lemonade Cocktail.  Not so delicious.  The Enchilada plate I ordered was also not delicious, but I still rammed it down my throat quickly care of my hunger.  I was ready for the bill, but Steph piped up, "Any vegan dessert?" to which I found out there was a Chocolate Mousse Pie.  Clearly, I spoke up.  "Done."  And let me tell you... Possibly the most delicious thing I have ever eaten in my life!  Pre-vegan (and a large reason I initially went vegan) I could down an entire box of Lindor chocolates.  You know how the middles are soft and creamy?  Clearly the best part.  THAT is what this vegan mousse pie deliciousness tasted like.  Every bite was like eating the middle of a Lindor.  I tried to carry on a conversation with Steph, but as I ate, I would close my eyes and just taste it.  My sentences would drop off mid-way through.  I actually had to keep myself from moaning in the middle of Jane Bond.  It was almost embarrassing, but it was just so good that I didn't even care! Did I get a slice to go?  Sure did! 

I get to relive it all again tomorrow.  I cannot even wait.

Love and positive energy!
M


No comments:

Post a Comment