07 October 2013

Dodge, Dip, Dive, Duck and Dodge

Almost every Monday night, I come home with a pain in my shoulder.  And every Monday night, I totally don't care!  No matter how I throw or what I do, I always manage to pull out my shoulder every single time I play dodgeball.  On the drive home tonight, (after an INTENSE game where we totally came back from a 7-2 lead to an 8-7 win - GO US!!!), I questioned whether when my arm may or may not be of any use to me when I'm older, will it have been worth it?  I mean, in spite of the intense competitiveness (Eric) and the immense swearing (Leo) and the rude claiming "I don't have eyes in the back of my head!!!" (me), I love this fucking game and the people I play it with.  In 50 minutes, we get an intense work out, sometimes intense drama, lots of laughter, swearing, cheering, yelling, scrapes, pulled muscles, black eyes...  and I love it.  

Huge love and thanks to my team!  
It wouldn't be the same without you.
Love,
Your Team Captain
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment