04 December 2013

Ownership and New Year's Resolutions

It's been almost a month since I last logged on.  It's not that I haven't had anything to say, it's that I've let important things slide a little bit.  I'm a gamer, a nerd, a League of Legends addict... and sometimes (more often lately than not), I've let it get the best of me.  I have good, no, GREAT intentions of playing just two games a day and then all of a sudden, my entire evening is gone.  I haven't left my bed, I've been eating non-stop, I've let the house turn into a disaster and I've stop caring about things that are important to me; friendships/relationships, my business, my house and most importantly, myself.  

Tonight, I started examining my core values.  I was reading a blog, written by who I call my "Arbonne Crush", Deb Borges, and she was discussing core values.  No matter what people think or people say, do I let that change my core values?  Do I change who I am depending on who I surround myself with?  More often than not, YES.  I've just decided that one of the core values I want to focus on is OWNERSHIP.  I want to be accountable for my actions, my past ones, the ones I haven't yet made, and I want to learn from my mistakes and experiences.  I don't want to be owned by a computer game, I don't want to care what other people think, I want to be SUCCESSFUL, I want to dream, I want to stand up for my beliefs, and I want to love myself, flaws and all.

As New Year's approaches (it's not THAT far off, people), I want to come up with resolutions that are achievable and things I can be held accountable for.  However, I also think it's important that the resolutions aren't so super specific that there's only one way to do them.  How about "I want to take better care of myself" instead of "I want to lose 20 pounds"?  If I only lose 19, then I haven't achieved my resolution and I'll likely say "forget it" and probably put that weight back on.  (Emotional eater much?)

I hope this entry finds you well.  I will do my best to be back more often, and I'll totally take ownership if I'm not.  As always, thanks for reading.
Love muchly and then some,
Meaghan

Here is the link to Deb's blog: Alive and Empowered Blog

1 comment: