21 June 2015

When I Give Up

I deleted Tinder today and sent messages to all the people I'd been going on dates with or talking to end things. I finally hit the point of exasperation care of how much work dating is. Trying to keep up and remember who said what or what so and so looks like and being busy every single day is draining. Additionally, when you do find someone you quasi-connect with, they simply end up disappointing you by not showing up, never responding or not having their shit together. The latter is even more exhausting, so I'm giving up on seeking out love. I refuse to be so dramatic as to say I'm giving up on it, as I know it's everywhere and all around me all the time, but in terms of dating someone to find love, I'm saying fuck it. 

For now. 
Love can find me when it's ready.

M

1 comment:

  1. It will find you when you least expect it - I met Rejean on a blind date and look at me now…I am happy.

    ReplyDelete