03 April 2014

Absenteeism

I've totally been a blogger absentee.  I know this.  I never said I would come back full time, though I wish I had the commitment in me to do so.  Most of my life I've always wanted to be a writer.  I missed the University application deadline when I was younger, so when I should have been going to UW for English, I applied to a couple of colleges and picked random programs that I figured I would have some sort of interest in (who the hell ACTUALLY knows what they want to do with their life at 18??) and LUCKILY, fell into something I happen to adore.  And am kind of good at.  You need have no doubt when you leave your children in my care.  Not only do I have over a decade (ahhh!) of experience with children, but I also have common sense, compassion, empathy and genuine love for those itty bitty dudes.  But, I digress. 

All of my life, I've wanted to be an author and I still believe I have time to do so.  I know the hardest part will be starting my book. Not only will choosing a topic be impossible (rom-com, auto-biography, self-help, what?!) I've totally become one of those "I'll start/do it tomorrow" people.  I kind of detest that.  As I also love to read, something I read caught my eye and has since become a bit of a personal mantra: If it takes less than two minutes to do it, just do it.  So, whether it's taking stuff downstairs from the top of the stairs, to emptying garbage out of my car, to sending a quick email, text or even a call, I just do it now.  It makes life that much easier (and less cluttered).

Anyway, I just wanted to write and say "hey".  I know it's been awhile.  Miss you, dudes.  I will try my hardest to make more frequent visits.

Love muchly.
em

No comments:

Post a Comment