31 October 2011

Grandfatherly Love...

When my grandfather's wife died and we had to clean out the house, I took on the task of photo albums - distribution, scanning, creating photo books, etc...  I had gotten through a huge chunk of the many, MANY photo albums when my external hard drive died, taking all of those hours and photos away with it.

I bought a new scanner today and I've been working away in between trick or treaters.  I came to realize that a) my grandfather never missed any of his grandchildrens' birthdays.  Not once!  and b) that I never really truly realized the love he had for me when he was alive.  I always knew he loved me, but finding photos tonight I'd never seen before really made get it.  When I was in grade four, my school choir sang on television for Christmas.  I found pictures of it.  He took pictures of me on his television screen because that's how much he loved me.  If that's not the greatest of all types of love, I don't know what is. 

Thank you for today.  I love you back and I miss you every single day.

Love and family!
- Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment